All types of businesses are switching to solar energy to reduce operating expenses and to capture tax benefits, thereby boosting cash flow to help the bottom line.
Large and small businesses are choosing to power part or all of their electrical needs with solar energy. Corporate giants lead the way. with Apple, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Google comprising the top five in solar capacity. The Solar Energy Industries Association’s most recent annual Solar Means Business survey reports more than 8,300 megawatts (MW) of installed solar capacity across 38,000 projects in 43 states, representing more than 70% of all installed U.S. commercial solar capacity.
Like these major corporations, smaller businesses — many of them “mom & pop’s” — also know a great investment when they see one and increasingly are installing solar energy to take control of their energy costs and improve their bottom lines, as well as to implement an environmental strategy that their customers, community members, and other stakeholders admire.
Businesses throughout Long Island are making the switch — everything from vineyards to laundromats, from healthcare providers to auto collision shops, and everything in between.
Why your accountant, banker, real estate attorney and other trusted advisors will tell yousolar energy is a “no brainer”.
Ask if the tax credits and accelerated depreciation that a commercial PV* system offers, and the free electricity generated, make sense for your business.
Ask if the opportunity to save hundreds of thousands of dollars in electricity costs makes sense for your organization.
We bet that he/she will tell you that “solar energy is a no-brainer!” (That’s a direct quote from a small business owner’s accountant for whom we installed a 20 kW system.)
* A solar-electric system is also called a photovoltaic system (PV for short); “photo” means light and “voltaic” means electricity.
Imagine locked-in electricity costs for the next 25+ years? No more spikes or rate hikes, just predictable, affordable power for years to come.
Rely on Built Well Solar to make the switch to solar energy easy
Locked-in electricity costs. Predictable, affordable power. That’s the benefit of solar ownership and true energy independence. Rely on Built Well Solar’s expertise and experience to make that happen.
We help Long Island businesses to produce their own energy with our state-of-the-art solar-electric system installations. And we do it the right way by providing top-quality solar equipment and the highest level workmanship – afterall, our name is “built well”!.
Rely on Built Well Solar to take the guesswork out of solar and take care of everything for you.
Your bottom line Solar energy could be the best long-term business decision
you’ve ever made for your bottom line!
Here are some reasons why:
- Great ROI. A solar energy system is an investment that pays for itself and continues to pay you back, an investment known to provide an Internal Rate of Return over the 25-year+ life of the system outpacing the S&P 500.
- Day one, you save… due to locked-in rates (your neighboring businesses will have rate hikes!)
- Day one, you save… with pre-tax dollars — for every $100 you now pay for electricity, you’ll need to earn $125 to pay your PSEG bill. The average commercial PSEG bill on Long Island costs thousands of dollars every year, so the savings are enormous!
- Speedy payback. Long Island’s electric rates are among the highest in the country, making your savings higher and the payback period faster than most anywhere else. The average commercial solar break-even point is just 5 to 7 years on Long Island. After that, all electricity produced is free!
- Lower operating costs. The reduced or eliminated cost of electricity means your savings can be used to defray operating costs or reinvested to grow your business.
- More financial certainty. Utilities have can raise electricity rates at any point. Solar energy is not subject to rate hikes, so you won’t have that uncertainty.
- Feed your tax appetite. The current federal tax investment tax credit (ITC) of 26% of system cost offers a true dollar-to-dollar credit, not a less-valuable deduction. Also, Accelerated Depreciation for commercial solar equipment offers a cost recovery period of up to five years.
- Virtually no maintenance. A quality solar energy system is virtually maintenance free because it has no moving parts and our premier solar manufacturers provide long-term warranties on the equipment, usually for 25 years.
- Increased resale value. Commercial buildings equipped with “owned outright” solar energy systems are known to sell more quickly than average and tend to sell at a premium.
- Environmental benefits. For every 1 kilowatt of your solar energy system size, about 1,152 lbs. of CO2 per year are eliminated. That equates to the carbon absorption capability of more than 20 trees per kW. A 50-kilowatt commercial PV system — the average small commercial system size on Long Island — will save 1,000 trees every year!
NOTE: Consult your own advisor regarding tax and other financial incentives as they apply to your unique circumstances. Built Well Solar does not provide financial or tax advice.
Your corporate responsibility
Consumers have become increasingly aware of the negative impact that businesses have on the environment. This means that customers are directing their buying power to products and services that come from environmentally friendly businesses.
Consider these statistics:
- A 2019 Fortune magazine study found that 72% of adults believe social responsibility should direct business strategy.
- Nielsen found that 66% of customers willingly pay more for products from reputable and socially responsible companies.
- Approximately 70% of millennial consumers vow to spend more money on brands that support a cause they care about, according to a Forbes “Millennial Marketplace” survey.
By investing in solar energy, your business can improve its image and reputation.
By decreasing your carbon footprint, you’ll show your customers and the community at large that sustainability in business practices and the environment matter to your organization.